Try this recipe with parsley or a combination of kale and parsley.
- 100g curly or Russian kale, ribs removed (The flavour of Cavolo nero is very strong so go for it if you’re a seasoned kale lover)
- 40g almonds
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tblsp EV olive oil
- 2-3 tblsp lemon juice or just to taste
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Optional: chopped red chilli for fire, French sorrel for an extra lemony hit!
- Wash the kale and spin dry or shake in a tea towel then shred coarsely.
- Place kale, almonds, garlic, olive oil, S&P and some of the lemon juice into a food processor.
- Blend to a rough paste, season to taste with salt and pepper and lemon juice.
- Cover with a slick of olive oil if you want to keep it longer in the fridge
Optional: Toast the almonds first and blend with the garlic before adding the kale and other ingredients.
There are so many ways to eat this yummy stuff, on pasta, in bread, your imagination is the limit!